The weather in Dallas over this past month has been crazy! Two weeks ago we had a snow day due to the 8 inches of snow that fell. Then it all melted away the very next day, like it had never been there. It goes from being mild to absolutely freezing! For example on Sunday it was in the high 60's, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. By 6:00 that night it had dropped into the low 40's and today Monday, its in the 30's! I'm ready for some sun and warm weather!
Whenever its a nice day outside I am a happier person. Walking to classes early in the morning when the wild is blowing and its freezing outside is never appealing. At least when its sunny and warm the walk to my early classes is not miserable.
I truly think that the weather has a profound affect on peoples moods. I know that it effects mine. Does it affect yours as well?
Unlike in Connecticut, the Southeast is notorious for sponateous changes in weather. It's like this every winter. I agree with you, but my mood is usually affected only by rain. Dark, rainy days are my enemy. Waking up with sunshine and birds chirping leaves me with a good start, but when it's a stormy morning I feel grogy and pissed.
ReplyDeleteI am the exact same way. I think its called, "seasonal depressant". When I decided to go to school in Dallas I was not expecting this weather. Maybe it seems worse because we have to walk awhile to get to class, but I feel much less motivated to do anything at all when it is gross outside. I crave the sun and when its gone my mood is not as great. I am hoping that this shapes up in March. One positive thing is that the upperclassman have said that it usually is not like this, so maybe its a stage!
ReplyDeleteI am also definitely affected by the weather. When it is gross and cold outside all I want to do is sit in my bed all day and watch movies. On the other hand, when it is sunny I want to spend the whole day outside. Also, when it is nice out I am alot more motivated to go to class because it makes the walk alot easier. I am just in a better mood altogether. Usually the Dallas weather gets better in March but it has been so weird this year. I'm hoping April will be full of sunny days!
ReplyDeleteI also agree about the weather influencing my mood. Although I tend to forget about it while in my actual classes, I am reminded very quickly once I step back outside and approach the miserable walk to the next class. "Seasonal depressant" is the perfect terminology for this time of year. I've lived here my whole life and witnessed mild changes of hot and cold in the weather, but sleet to sunny in less than a week is absolutely bazaar, even for Texas.
ReplyDelete